- On October 10, 2022
What is Mental Health Week? From the 8th to the 15th October Australia celebrates Mental Health Week (MHW) to coincide with World Mental Health Day on October 10th.
The theme for this year’s MHW is ‘Where we live. How we live. What we’ve lived.’ highlighting the intersection of the body, the mind and the environment in creating overall wellbeing.
At Wellness Stations we recognise that physical health has a major impact on mental health, including:
- Nutrition and the food we consume
- Movement of our bodies and exercise
- Health of the planet and quality of our housing and neighbourhoods
Further, our bodies keep physical score of what we experience, so this Mental Health Week we want to remind our partners and community just how important it is to explore your own mental health and learn how to process, heal and grow from any negative experiences.
How are you acknowledging Mental Health Week?
For our community who would like to acknowledge and recognise National Mental Health Week in your workplace we have out together some simple suggestions and ideas to help you support your employees.
Host an Event
Everyone loves an excuse to have a workplace morning tea, lunch or special event – and it’s a fantastic mental health break in a busy working week.
Get your team together at some point this week for a casual catch up and break in honour of National Mental Health Week.
We recommend highlighting the theme through:
- Healthy Snacks – physical health is important!
- Team Building Activities and Exercises – how about a team yoga class? A plant growing competition? A Puzzle Card afternoon?
- A talk or presentation around Mental Health
- And most importantly, provide your employees with access to mental health resources and remind them of the mental health resources they have available to them at work
Wellness Station Access
Another simple way to acknowledge and encourage your employees to explore a path to improving their mental and physical health this Mental Health Week is with an incentive to try new products from your Wellness Station!
We can easily add employee credit or free access to specific products, either for the rest of this week or even the rest of the month.
Contact the team to discuss your options!
The Health Department and a range of organisations in Australia provide Mental Health Resources, and resources for Mental Health in the workplace. Below you will find some handy links for general mental health, workplace health and Mental Health Week: